Industry 4.0 facilities use monitoring to identify and proactively mitigate issues before they become costly problems. Quantridge is an Industry 4.0 monitoring device that leverages a diverse array of wireless edge devices with onboard sensors. These devices actively monitor the external sources that impact production in your facility.
Why do you need to monitor your facility?
High-tech manufacturing facilities rely on precision scanners, steppers, analytical equipment, and other tools working on the micro and nanoscales. At these dimensions, their performance is susceptible to external factors that can impact production. These factors include vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic fields, temperature, and humidity.
High-tech manufacturing facilities are dynamic
High-tech manufacturing facilities are also dynamic and continuously evolve to meet the ever stringent requirements of the industry. Companies purchase new equipment, move tools, tools turn “On” and “Off”, and facilities update building support equipment. Also, machinery and equipment degrade over time. As bearing and other parts wear, vibration levels increase. Miswiring or not properly grounding a new tool during a move or installation can lead to current imbalance throughout the facility and persistent magnetic fields. As a result, the baseline site evaluation required by the manufacturer before the initial tool installation is often no longer valid. To further complicate the matter, these site surveys are small snapshots in time that do not provide the full picture of the dynamics of a facility.
Quantridge is the monitoring platform for Industry 4.0 facilities. It provides facilities with the data and insights required to manage and make informed decisions in dynamic environments. Beyond essential monitoring, Quantridge displays historical data and highlights emerging trends in your facility and at your tool.
- Small, wireless sensors with onboard edge computing. Wireless means cable routing does not prohibit sensor placement. Place the sensors at the location where you need data collected.
- High-quality sensors. Quantridge sensor pods use measurement quality sensors appropriate for the equipment sensitivity of high-tech manufacturing equipment.
- A wide selection of sensors. Quantridge offers a wide variety of sensors, so that means that key factors that impact production are integrated into a single, easy to use platform.
- Data compared to tool-specific specifications in both the frequency and time domain. Every tool has a unique specification dictated by the manufacturer. Quantridge can configure each sensor to meet a time domain or frequency domain specification in the units required by the manufacturer.
- Real-time alerts for subscribers. Quantridge allows users to subscribe to alerts for specific tools, so SMS messages and e-mails are available when if a breach in predefined criteria occurs.
- Compare and correlate data across multiple sensors. The Compare feature on the Quantridge portal enables users to compare data across sensors independent of sensor type.
- Secure-online portal. The Quantridge platform is available through a secure, online portal anywhere in the world with internet access.
- Easy access to data at the sensor location. Each sensor pod has a unique QR that a user can quickly scan using the phone on a mobile device. Quantridge then immediately takes authorized users to the data for this sensor pod.
- Automated reports. Automated weekly reports provide both an overview of sensor performance and insights into emerging issues before they become costly problems.
Defects and anomalies in production mean waste and loss of income. While the impact of these anomalies is clear, the cause of these anomalies often isn't. With the Quantridge platform's timeline views and compare functions, users can easily see if anomalies correlate with factors external to the tool, such as vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic field, temperature, or humidity. Quickly conducting this assessment allows users to focus their attention on the sources saving both time and resources.
Identify Emerging Problems
High-tech manufacturing facilities are dynamic locations with constant movement and upgrades to tools and equipment. Also, maintenance of the thousands of pieces of equipment in a manufacturing facility is an ongoing challenge. Weekly reports that provide insights into emerging trends in your facility. At the same time, the timeline view on the portal allows users to deep-dive trends and identify specific problem areas in the facility quickly.
Future tool planning
Future tool planning can be a bit of guesswork and is often time driven by space available, not whether or not a location meets the tool requirements. With the Quantridge platform, process engineers and facility managers will have current data on the external factors that impact tool performance at potential tool locations. The compare function and ability to modify data based on the requirements of future tools allow them to make more informed decisions regarding tool placement.
Quantridge is the monitoring platform for Industry 4.0 facilities. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you optimize the performance of your most critical equipment.