A facility monitor provides insights into the factors that impact your equipment by monitoring critical variables using physical sensors. The Quantridge platform monitors the factors that affect the performance of high-tech manufacturing and analytical equipment. Facilities monitors are needed to monitor existing conditions, identify trends and anomalies, and expansion planning.
The proactive facilities monitor: Know before you invest
The Quantridge platform allows users to monitor the vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic field, and other factors in their facility. Quantridge recommends that users place sensors both at existing tool locations as well as other areas of interest. Other areas of interest include known vibration or magnetic field sources, or an area identified for future tool placement. The benefits of installing a Quantridge sensor at potential tool locations include:
- Evaluate the location against the specifications of the planned tool.
- Compare locations for the suitability of multiple tools
- Identify intermittent sources that an evaluator could miss during a traditional site survey
By using the Quantridge platform, users have the data to evaluate potential tool locations before investing time and resources.
Optimize your facility’s layout
By installing Quantridge sensors, users compare vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic fields, and other factors at different points throughout the facility. By comparing multiple locations, the Quantridge platform allows users to optimize tool layouts based on the data at various locations by:
- Prioritize tool placement by comparing data across numerous sensors - placing the most sensitive tools in the best areas and the least sensitive tools in the less ideal locations
- Identify and understand “hotspots” in the facility so that they can be avoided or mitigated
- Correlate sources to specific areas or sources in the facility.
Ensuring the expansion does not introduce new problems
Once the tool layout is optimized, the Quantridge platform ensures that the expansion project does not introduce new problems by the placement of new equipment or construction activity during installation. By monitoring both the planned and current tool locations, the Quantride platform can ensure that new problems are not introduced by:
- Immediately identifying if a new piece of equipment is introducing problems at existing tool locations
- Flagging problems introduced by construction and renovations to minimize interruptions in production
- Determining the best time of day to work during the installation of new tools and equipment
- High-quality sensors. Quantridge sensor pods use measurement quality sensors appropriate for the equipment sensitivity of high-tech manufacturing and analytical equipment.
- Data compared to tool-specific specifications in both the frequency and time domain. Every tool has a unique specification dictated by the manufacturer. Quantridge can configure each sensor to meet a time domain or frequency domain specification in the units required by the manufacturer.
- Easy to manipulate data allows users to change the units and data display to match the specifications of future tools, not just the tools that are currently in place.
- Compare and correlate data across multiple sensors. The Compare feature on the Quantridge portal enables users to compare data across sensors independent of sensor type.
- Easy access to data at the sensor location. Each sensor pod has a unique QR that a user can quickly scan using the phone on a mobile device. Quantridge then immediately takes authorized users to the data for this sensor pod.
- Automated reports. Automated weekly reports provide both an overview of sensor performance and insights into emerging issues before they become costly problems.
Tool placement planning
Installing new tools and equipment is critical to get right the first time. New tools require facilities hook-ups, pedestals, and other custom requirements that are costly to fix if done incorrectly, or the location does not meet tool requirements. By installing Quantridge sensors throughout your facility, users can compare data across sites over a long duration before investing in the area. Analyzing data across sensors allows users to match the tool sensitivity to actual data to optimize tool performance and reduce the cost of rework and expensive remediation equipment.
Source identification and mitigation
By installing Quantridge sensors across the facility, users can quickly identify problematic hotspots. Comparing data across sensors in the frequency domain allows users to quickly identify the source of the problem by seeing the relative amplitude of that source throughout the facility. Quickly identifying the cause of the problem enables users to immediately take action and fix the problem at the source as opposed to wasting time and money searching or conducting trial and error experiments.
Prevent the introduction of new problems into your facility
Installing new tools and equipment into a facility also introduces new sources of vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic fields, and other types of interference. The Quantridge platform allows users to immediately see when a new problem is introduced so it can be mitigated immediately. By identifying and mitigating issues quickly, users both save time and limit disruptions in production.
Capacity expansion and new tool installations can introduce new problems in your facility. Quantridge is the facility monitor that enables users to plan tool layouts intelligently so that they can install new equipment in the right location correctly the first time.