To achieve high-resolution imaging on the nano and Anstrom scale requires a very low noise, stable environment. The Quantridge platform uses a wide variety of sensors to monitor the external factors that impact the performance of electron microscopes. These factors include vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic fields, temperature, and humidity.
Monitoring the undetectable external factors impacting your image
While most electron microscopes operating systems provide the user with an abundance of data on what is going on inside the microscope, the conditions of the laboratory are often unknown. Because of the high level of magnification on modern electron microscopes, the external factors that degrade imaging performance are often undetectable to human perception. Slight variations to these factors can significantly degrade the quality of your image and the usefulness of your microscope. The Quantridge platform provides unparalleled data and analysis because of its unique capabilities.
- Collects data using measurement quality sensors and very low noise electronics to provide high-resolution data to users
- Compares data to the unique specifications of your microscope
- Intuitive data display and analytics enables users to manipulate complex data sets bringing insights forward quickly
Electron microscopes are more susceptible than ever to external factors
As electron microscopes move to higher magnification and conduct more extended duration imaging, they are increasingly susceptible to both persistent and intermittent sources of disturbance.
- Increased resolution means a higher level of sensitivity to vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic fields, temperature, and humidity.
- Extended duration imaging during 3D reconstruction means intermittent sources are expensive in both time and resources.
- Destructive imaging using a focused ion beam means an intermittent source results in a ruined sample.
Provide actionable data and insight beyond the pre-installation Site Survey
All electron microscopes require a site survey before tool installation to ensure the vibration, acoustic noise, magnetic fields, temperature, and humidity meet the stringent requirements from the manufacturer. If laboratories do not meet these requirements, then most electron microscope manufacturers will not guarantee the performance of the microscope to the advertised resolution levels. Customers, therefore, often spend a great deal of energy and resources, ensuring that their microscope meets the published specifications before or immediately after installing it. But after installation, the factors in the environment are often unknown, so customers are unaware of changes that can result in problems in the image.
- Degrading equipment in a facility can cause the microscope to no longer be in specification resulting in disturbances in the image.
- The installation of new equipment introduces new sources that the initial site survey did not capture.
- Projects and construction outside of the laboratory can impact microscope performance.
Use data to get the most from your electron microscope
Electron microscopes are significant investments for any organization. Typically, companies construct specialized laboratories or dedicated buildings to optimize their performance. At Quantridge, we understand the energy and resources you dedicate to making your microscope perform at its best, and we are here to give you the insights needed to optimize its performance further.
- Time of Day analysis quickly shows users when is the best time to conduct their most important work.
- Historical data and sensor comparison allows users to correlate external factors to disturbances in their image so users can remediate them
- Online and offline data and reports quickly alert users of emerging trends and problems so they can take action before they become systemic issues
- Small, wireless sensors with onboard edge computing. Wireless means cable routing does not prohibit sensor placement. Place the sensors at the location where you need data collected.
- High-quality sensors. Quantridge sensor pods use measurement quality sensors appropriate for the equipment sensitivity of high-tech manufacturing equipment.
- Data compared to tool-specific specifications in both the frequency and time domain. Every tool has a unique specification dictated by the manufacturer. Quantridge can configure each sensor to meet a time domain or frequency domain specification in the units required by the manufacturer.
- Real-time alerts for subscribers. Quantridge allows users to subscribe to alerts for specific tools. Therefore, SMS messages and e-mails are available if a breach in predefined criteria occurs.
- Compare and correlate data across multiple sensors. The Compare feature on the Quantridge portal enables users to compare data across sensors independent of sensor type.
- Time of Day analysis. See what day and time of day is best for your equipment so you can plan your most important work.
- Easy access to data at the sensor location. Each sensor pod has a unique QR that a user can quickly scan using the phone on a mobile device. Quantridge then immediately takes authorized users to the data for this sensor pod.
- Automated reports. Automated weekly reports provide both an overview of sensor performance and insights into emerging issues before they become costly problems.
Image disturbances on microscopes can come and go, and the source is often unknown. With the Quantridge platform, you can correlate flagging on the image to specific events and types of disturbance in your environment or not. The compare feature on the portal allows you to easily see what occurred in your facility across sensors at the specific time that correlates to the image disturbance. If a particular slice of time is of interest to you, you can conduct a deep dive into the specifics for that event across sensors.
Identify the Best Time of Day to conduct imaging
Although all laboratories strive to enable exceptional, high-quality imaging at all times, often, this is not possible. Frequently, real-world conditions dictate that some times of days are better for imaging than others. The Quantridge platform provides a “Time of Day” analysis that enables users to quickly see when is the best time to conduct their most important work. Although often these times of day are after hours or on weekends, sometimes they are not. The Quantridge platform will provide you with the data needed to schedule your time and prevent unnecessary trips to the laboratory after hours.
The sources of image disturbance are often unknown. Although the user might be seeing flagging on the image, a quick look around the facility identifies many potential culprits. Often customers spend weeks trying to turn off possible culprits without successfully identifying the source. By deploying sensors throughout the facility, users can quickly compare data across sensors and identify the source of the disturbance.
Ensure your Best-In-Class Facility stays Best-In-Class
Users spend years planning new facilities, and then millions of dollars procuring microscopes and building their facility. But what happens after the facility is complete? The Quantridge platform monitors the external factors that degrade your microscope performance. Therefore, if a new problem emerges, Quantridge immediately detects the problem. We then notify you with both online and offline data and reporting so you can take action immediately. The Quantridge platform allows users to ensure the exceptional performance of their investment well into the future.
The Quantridge platform monitors the factors that degrade the performance of your electron microscope so you can focus your time taking high-resolution, disturbance-free images.